Friday, June 27, 2008

Out with a bang!




This is the last update for this financial year and the dollar gain marks my best week yet.

RIO and ABB have triggered exits.

The proceeds will go towards pyramiding my positions in WPL and ORG.

Starting from next year, I will put in a performance summary on my weekly updates, to make it easier to monitor the system's performance.

It's worth mentioning that I have noticed some divergence between the market performance and the system performance the last 6 weeks as per the attached chart.
Welcome 2008-2009, lets make this one a big year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nizar

Great blog!

You are revealing alot about your trading! Well done - great to see

Cheers Banjo

Anonymous said...

All the best Nizar!

I follow your blog passively, and it's good to see you succeed. Can you write about why you chose a weekly system, i.e., what inspired you to do something so different from the current rage of intraday trading?

- trader from hk

Nizar said...

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

In answer to your question, due to my commitments to other businesses outside of trading, I did not really have the time for the screen-watching that intraday trading requires. I was after a low maintenance system.

So the choice was either daily or weekly, and to be honest with you I could not find/design a daily system that was worth trading. Though daily does mean a smoother equity curve, it really is 5x the work. So I went with weekly.

Nizar.