Friday, October 5, 2007

Next weeks candidates




I did what will soon be my routine weekly scan and came up with 19 candidates to buy next week.


BKN, CPB, COA, CSM, HPX, IWL, JBH, LEI, LRF, LIP, MIN, PWK, REX, STO, STS, SSX, UGL, VGH, WPL.


My capital will run out at about 12 or 13 stocks.


TradeSim trades in alphabetical order so I will follow TradeSim in this sense except I will add a few more conditions:


*The stock must be in a clear uptrend. As you can see from the chart above, VGH is not in a clear uptrend and the chart is rather messy.


*The stock must not be trading in a tight range. HPX and LIP fall into this category. To be honest, I do not even know how LIP got past the volume filter. As for HPX, it had very large volume this week but still could not make a higher high. That tells me there's alot of sellers soaking up the volume and the buyers didn't need to chase.


So that narrows our list down to 16 stocks. A few will still miss out. I will update next week with what stocks I do decide to buy and at what prices.

No comments: