Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Randomly skipping some trades part 2

I had to learn discipline and money management. I decided that I was going to become very disciplined and businesslike about my trading - Paul Tudor Jones.

I didn't really explain the chart in my previous post as well as I should have.

The test was conducted over 9.5 years. In that time, there were about 2900 trades in the trade database. Those are all the possible trades picked by the system over that time.

Due to capital restraints and position sizing, I only traded between 400-500. I say and position sizing, because this is what keeps the number of trades down. Even if I started with 500k, if my fixed percent risk was 1.5%, I would still be taking about the same number of trades.

As you can see, I'm only taking about 15% of all the trades that are triggered anyway. So it doesn't matter how I pick them or even if ignore a vast majority of the trades, the results aren't affected significantly, as monte carlo runs have shown.

No comments: